Sunday, May 13, 2012

Insanity & Transition: Days 23-28!


So as you can see from the title of this post, I've been ridiculously behind in blogging...yet again! This week was crazy, with  school but I'm finally able to catch up! I am VERY happy to say that today (Sunday) marks the LAST DAY of my first month of Insanity!! 

But let's back up a little...

I had to make a few adjustments to my Insanity schedule this week, since I had a 5k on Saturday! I didn't want to be sore beforehand, since I wanted to make sure I was able to run the best I could! So Thursday, I did Cardio Recovery as listed, then took Friday off (instead of today), Saturday night I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit and this morning, I did Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs! 

So Saturday morning, we woke up bright and early to head to Downers Grove for our second 5k! We hadn't really been training as far as running goes- with the exception of my one practice one- but we've both lost weight and have been working out/eating better, so we were optimistic! Here we are, compared to last year!
 


It was raining and pretty chilly, but fortunately it didn't rain too badly during the actual run itself. I was confused though, since I had set my Nike+ on my iTouch to do a 5k at the same time, and it ended before I hit the finish line! But not to worry! My final time was...29.06.1!! This means that I definitely improved from my time of 39.30! Ryan improved by a lot too, as you can see! So uber proud of him! ^_^

RIGHT after we finished...we're sitting down, haha!

Afterwards, we went to Flat Top Grill and had some delicious stir fry! As far as my food for the past few days, I honestly can't remember, but I've been ON-PLAN! I repeated Week 3 of Transition and starting tomorrow, I'm going back to the 5&1 for a week, during Insanity's "Recovery Week"- and then to the 4&2...or the 5&1 w/extra protein the week after, since I start Month 2 of Insanity!

Today, I made cauliflower pizzas for the first time in a LONG time. I had forgotten how simply amazing (and easy) they are! I used Sandy's recipe from her website and it seriously is the best one out there. I decided to make it a margherita pizza, so I used olive oil instead of sauce and basil + tomatoes for the toppings!

Some of the ingredients needed for my cauli-crust pizzas!
The finished product! It was crispy and absolutely DELICIOUS!

Anyways, I'm off to make a MF shake! We're going to see "The Five Year Engagement" in the theater tonight...yay for date night!

Stay STRONG, Sexy & Healthy!

-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment